PNS-MI Workshop 2014
Following the success of its inaugural meeting at ICORR 2013, the Peripheral Nervous System Machine Interface (PNS-MI) Workgroup is proud to announce a second workshop to be held at the upcoming MEC ‘14 conference at the University of New Brunswick, Canada.
The PNS-MI Workgroup is a group of researchers in engineering, physiology, medicine and robotics who deal with human-machine interfaces connected non-invasively through the peripheral nervous system. We investigate ways to design, implement, optimize and apply these interfaces, with a particular focus on populations in need of unconventional control interfaces.
This year’s workshop will be held on Monday, August 18th, in conjunction with the Myoelectric Controls Symposium (MEC ‘14) which runs from August 18th-22nd. The workshop will run from 9:00am until 6:00pm to accommodate both invited speakers and novel paper submissions.
We are now soliciting submissions to the PNS-MI Workshop 2014. Please note:
- all submissions will be peer-reviewed.
- all submissions are due by May 18, 2014.
- submissions can be made through the MEC ’14 online submission portal (please see details below)
- the PNS-MI Workshop will be held at the Delta hotel, in Fredericton, New Brunswick.
Submissions are being solicited for theoretical, algorithmic and clinical research and will include the following topics, and more:
- clinical adoption of existing approaches
- advances in surface EMG approaches
- new, alternative solutions
- shared control (between the human and an intelligent prosthesis)
- registration for the workshop can be done through the MEC ’14 registration interface
- while delegates are encouraged to attend MEC ‘14, co-registration is not strictly required.
- cost: $100 (lunch and snacks will be provided)
Institute of Biomedical Engineering
University of New Brunswick
25 Dineen Drive, PO Box 4000
Fredericton NB, Canada E3B 5A3
phone: (506) 453-4966